Board Meeting – May 18, 2014

Business Board Meeting May 18, 2014
5:30pm Pacific Time
Call In Information:
Toll-Free Dial-In Number: 1.800.977.8002
Participant Conference Code: 189209#

Start the Recording

1. Call to Order

Chair, Erin Stephens, called the meeting to order at 5:35 PM  PST.

2. Roll

Present: Erin Stephens (chair), Lloyd Timberlake, Nathan Wakefield, Scott Krause, Mike Sullivan (future fest coordinator), Louie Skaradek, Martin Frost

Absent: Jared Davis, Noel Yee, Kyle Johnson, Cody Fiereck (2014 festival director),

3. Approval of Agenda
Motion:   Lloyd Timberlake
Second by: Scott Krause
Discussion: 4 is quorum, so we can review and approve/deny the motions.  Reviewed the motion for change in IJA championships policy, which will be reviewed during the Motions. Vote: Motion passes unanimously.

4. Approval of Minutes:

April 7

Motion: Lloyd Timberlake
Second: Scott Krause
Discussion: None
Vote: Motion passes unanimously.

April 27

Motion: Lloyd Timberlake
Second: Nathan Wakefield
Discussion: None
Vote: Motion passes unanimously.

4. Reports (Please keep verbal reports to 5 min or less except for future festival discussion)

2014 IJA Festival (Cody Fiereck)
Discussion:  Main concern is housing, which is not done.  We need to change information on our website to reflect accurate information.  Call on Tuesday.  Updated within next week.  No information on when registration will be ready after the fact.  Notification was provided to Cody in April, and changes weren’t made.  Their site discloses all this information, but we don’t have a link for that.  No answer on renegade venue.  Then we’ll talk about room rates being raised contrary to contract.

Visitors bureau discussion surprised to hear about Renegade stage situation.  Some other options suggested for other Renegade sites.  Packet to be provided to attendees with information about local area, and will do some promotions.

There were only 3 teams that entered prelims.  Viveca said they all qualified.  Number of teams varies year to year.  Lots of people applied for individuals.

2015 IJA Festival (Veronique Provencer)
Discussion: The no-alcohol policy will apply to the camping area.  It will not apply to the renegade location, which will be in the circus school.  She’s figuring out contract for the Imperial Theater.

Need to have a new primary contact on the BOD for Veronique after Erin leaves the board. This is an item for future boards.

Future Festival Planning (Mike Sullivan)
Doubletree
Holiday Inn Express

Discussion: Preliminary contract drafted.  6 minor items to negotiate.  Contract as recommended to sign for next board meeting.  Hotel blocks are plentiful.  Thinking of how to reserve a block that is appropriately sized. Hotel blocks information recently uploaded.  Recommending accepting revised rates/blocks.  There is a mix of values (Holiday Inn, Double-tree, Camino-Royal).  Camino-Royal gives commission per room-night to the IJA.

2017 site possibilities – Dubuque, IA.  Many benefits, but big downside – nearest is O’hare airport.  Athens, GA.  Home of U of Georgia. Adjacent to downtown and campus.  Good downtown.  Selection of lodging.  Good venues.  Worried about heat in mid-July.  No great air access – nearest is Hartsfield airport.  6-9 months is timeline for deciding 2017 fest.

Questions:

1). El-Paso will need $5,000 deposit to hold.  Questions about cash flow.  Will likely run into this a lot more often in the future.  Need to determine if this is something we can do in the future.  2014 and 2015 festival expenses and YEP coming up.  Mike will work with Scott/new bookkeeper to ensure this type of funding is continuing to be available.

2). Mexico-TX will require a border-crossing card, ~1200 pesos.  We can plan to help mexican nationals.  Major air carriers do not require visa or border crossing card.  Carriers have a visa waiver policy.  (Mike)  Mike will verify for next board meeting.  Will work with tourism director of El Paso.  Mexican IJA members are excited about coming, if they can afford it.  May have similar problems with US people going to Canada.  El Paso wants to put out a press release as soon as we sign the contract to help with promotion.

YJA Report (Ellen Winters)
Discussion:  Will have a bigger report for next month.

Marketing (Kyle Johnson)
Discussion: No report.  FB marketing is going well.  200 new FB page likes in the last week (biggest increase ever).  Push for WJD.  Lots of really popular posts for videos.  Many posts get 100+ likes.  Good international presence.  Tricks of the Months are good, too.

IRC (Erin Stephens)
Discussion: Deadline was yesterday for Mexico prelim.  15 entries, largest yet.  Super high skill level.  High interest and knowledge of the competition.  MalabaristaTV is doing live-feed videos from the festival, interviewing competitors, possible live feed of whole competition.  Will make a large banner of partnership to help with promotion.

WJD (Erin Stephens)
Discussion: T-shirts are a hit, and they’re going on sale in a few days.  Confident they will sell well.  Will promote on FB and website over the next week or two .

Membership (Marilyn Sullivan)
Discussion: Membership numbers are down.  Many renew at the festival, and we hope to see people renew for WJD.

Financial Report (Scott Krause):
Discussion:  New bookkeeper, to be discussed during motions.  Q3 and Q4 P&L, and 2013 fest P&L to be motioned and approved.  No material changes since last month.  Form 990 submitted.

Website Report (Mike Sullivan)
Discussion: Anonymous donor has agreed to fund best AMS system evaluated for the next 3 years, with possibility to continue in the future . Funds expected within the next few days.  Agreement ready to be signed.  Motion made to bring this to the attention of the board, membership, and show that there is a possibility of an ongoing expense to the IJA.  Will work on this in the final quarter of the year, so we can have a team to work on it, new board, and ready to kick-off the subscription on Oct. 15 2014.  New logo possibility with Louie. Please jot down ideas to be used over the next few months.

5. Motions for Consideration

A.  Motion to approve Dennis Morrison as the new IJA Bookkeeper, with a $10,000 maximum annual payment for services.
Motion: Scott Krause
Second: Lloyd Timberlake
Discussion: Worry with the amount is that he has talked with Holly about money.  May be awkward on amount.  Can Lloyd ask: Do you have any expectations regarding amount?  Advertisement for $8-10k.  Other than that, we haven’t said anything to him.  But he may have talked to Holly.  Hesitation on his end to do the work? No.  Lloyd doesn’t feel he should be an incredibly hard bargainer on this.  If he doesn’t need the money (which he may not as a retired person), that’s fine.
Vote: Motion Passes.

B. Motion to approve the 2013 Q3 Balance Sheet and P&L Statement.
Motion: Lloyd Timberlake
Second:  Scott Krause
Discussion:  None
Vote: Motion Passes

C. Motion to approve the 2013 Q4 Balance Sheet and P&L Statement.
Motion: Lloyd Timberlake
Second: Scott Krause
Discussion: None
Vote: Motion Passes

D. Motion to approve the 2013 Festival P&L Statement.
Motion: Scott Krause
Second: Lloyd Timberlake
Discussion: None
Vote: Motions Passes

E. Motion to change the IJA Championships music policy to require that all music used be Royalty Free Music starting in 2015. All music must be free to use for the IJA in video, starting in 2015.  
Motion: Nathan Wakefield
Second: Lloyd Timberlake
Discussion: Current policy.  Our performers can perform to most music, but need to have the music dubbed for video.  Has been criticism of changing the act by dubbing.  Would be able to preserve the video in its original state.  Music policy has been a headache this year.  E.g. WJF has currently royalty-free only.  Erin heard our current policy was a move toward royalty-free only.  Need to define what Royalty-free music.  Nathan would be interested in drafting this.  Suggestion: “Royalty-free means that it is free to use for the IJA in performance and video.”  Hoping this would remove the need to have BMI and ASCAP licenses for live performances – but we’d still need it for non-competitors such as Cascade of Stars.  May not need BMI and ASCAP.  Idea could be to have the chair renew licenses every year.

Amendment: Nathan Wakefield

Second: Lloyd Timberlake

Further Discussion: None
Vote: Motion passes.

F. Motion to accept the anonymous donation ($19,485.00) to fund the adoption and operation of the YourMembership Association Management System for a term of three years, beginning October 15, 2014, as described in this month’s AMS Project Report.

Motion: Lloyd Timberlake

Second: Scott Krause

Discussion:

Mike suggested going through lawyer, but it is too big of a financial commitment.  Communication agreement is a good idea.  Possibility of various communications (email, etc.).  Regular communications to donor.  Mike can work out.  There are no stipulations from the donor.  Suggestion: Regular report and thank you.  Ongoing cost would be $6495 yearly past the 3rd year (3 years would be included in this donation).  3-year donation requested to provide time to assume recurring cost.

Vote: Motion passes.

6. Varia:

A. Board Elections.

Announcement about mailing in vote.  Members can mail in their ballot, download and send in.  Let people know their voting number through email.  Will be handled by Martin.  Post cards sent to people with no email address in past.  Paperless as of last year.  Marilyn would mail reminders to people with no email address.  Online balloting system may be possible in the future (not this year).  May be provided with new AMS system.  Ballots can go out now, because nominations are closed.  Martin to follow-up on PDF, which may be sent with newsletter.

B. World Juggling Day T-Shirts

Special mail to the members about availability?  We can.  Maybe can also include the ballot and registering for WJD.  WAiting on a picture for the store and exact numbers.  WJD is June 14th this year.  Will discuss off-line.

7. Set May Meetings

Planning meeting:  June 8th, 2014. Topic – preventing board burnout

Board meeting: June 22nd, 2014

8. Adjournment
Motion to adjourn: Lloyd Timberlake
Discuss:
Voting: Motion Passes at 6:59p PST.

Board Meeting – May 4, 2014

Agenda 5/4/2014

Planning Board Meeting May 4, 2013
5:30pm Pacific Time
Call In Information:
Toll-Free Dial-In Number: 1.800.977.8002
Participant Conference Code: 189209#

1. Call to Order

Chair, Erin Stephens, called the meeting to order at  5:32pm PST.

2. Discussions

  • Lloyd brought up that we need to make sure that we replace Holly’s position.
  • Sustainability of board chair and board members and volunteers.
  • Membership Promotion Planning
    • Affiliates Program Update (Noel and Lloyd)
      • Discussion: First getting a map of the affiliates. Draft e-mail and touch base with current programs.
    • Huge online community – how do we turn online support into membership?
      • Facebook posts about supporting the IJA
      • Advertising membership on eJuggle
      • Youtube (Tricks of the Month – with “Join the IJA Today”?)
      • Members Only content needs Hype!
      • Noel brings up a point that we may want to offer more diverse member only content videos from some of the best of jugglers, street performers, etc.  Nathan’s point is that if we do something like that we need to make sure we hype it well enough.
    • Cross-selling things in store?
      • Increased merch  vs. less merch
        • Nathan thinks it could add more value to our store if there are more items.  Kyle is for that too.  Noel thinks that the IJA needs to rebrand itself especially with the logo prior to doing well with marketing
    • Flow and Fire Community – No input.
    • IJA awareness – merchandise donation to festivals.
      • Included fliers sent to each festival.
      • Can check into current distributor to see if that’s a possibility.
    • Latin-America – Strategies for increasing membership with these jugglers
      • Member Only Content
      • Spanish eJuggle Content Nathan is working on this with Scott.
    • PayPal Issue
      • Paypal is currently the only way people can join the IJA.  One major problem with that is that there are a number of countries where you are unable to use paypal.
      • Scott asked if there are other programs similar to PayPal that do work in these regions of the world.
    • YJA Program
      • Prizes for YEP kids.
      • Scott asks whether there is any content on the website geared towards kids, and whether the IJA content is family friendly enough.
      • Idea to reduce IJA membership rate for YJA participants.
    • Direct-mail campaign?  – Nathan talked about the idea of sending a direct mailing to clubs letting them know about the IJA, about the affiliates program, and offering a discount or special free gift to their club members that sign up for IJA memberships.  Lloyd discussed that this would be good to happen – after the affiliates program has already takes several steps.  To juggling clubs, universities with juggling clubs, offering discounts on memberships if people join.
      • Join today and get a free gift.
        • Buttons, stickers, Iron-ons?  Erin likes buttons, stickers, and iron ons.
    • Membership drive last year on World Juggling Day.
      • 34 new members in one day.
      • One membership drive/year and one donation drive/year.
      • Donations could be in Nov/Dec.
        • Lloyd looked at the last time we did a donation drive.  He said that it could be really easy to do it now that we can do it on email and we can explain that the money will go to fund all of the great programs that the IJA funds.  Lloyd thinks it wouldn’t take much work to get the word out.  Nathan says that this could be a great idea.  Jared also thinks this is a great idea.
        • Scott says that he thinks it is a great idea but that he doesn’t have the timeto do that.  Jared agrees with Scott.
      • Member outreach priorities:
        • Monthly FB promotion of IJA membership
        • 1st steps of Affiliates program
        • Diversify member only content.  Nathan will talk to Scott to brainstorm diversifying member only content.  Erin will brainstorm potential member only content contributors in Latin America.
        • Continue to move forward with options for Spanish translation for eJuggle.
        • Research other merchandise options – Nathan
        • Continue to strategize for doing bigger hype on eJuggle content – especially members only content.
        • Get festival promo material to our merch distributor to send out with all IJA merch shipments.
        • Talk to Ellen about idea of lowering IJA membership rate for YJA participants.  Brainstorm YJA member attractions.
  • Website Update – Donor!
    • There is an annonymous donor willing to pays for the first 3 years of an AMS for the IJA, with potential to go longer.
  • Amazon Smile Program Promotion Plan
    • Scott told us again about the amazon program and how the IJA is signed up for it.  We need to make sure that we promote this.  Also, we especially need to promote this during the holiday season.  Scott emailed us about this as well with all the details.

3. Confirm May 18, 5:30pm PST for next board meeting.

4. Adjourn

Motion to adjourn the meeting at 6:35 pm PST.
Motion: Lloyd
Discussion:  Noel suggested that we perhaps devote an entire planning meeting to the topic that Jared brought up (reducing the things the IJA does and offers, etc).
Vote:  Unanimous

 

Board Meeting – April 27, 2014

Business Board Meeting April 27, 2014
5:30pm Pacific Time
Call In Information:
Toll-Free Dial-In Number: 1.800.977.8002
Participant Conference Code: 189209#

Start the Recording

1. Call to Order

Chair, Erin Stephens, called the meeting to order at   5:37   PM  PST.

2. Roll

Present: Erin Stephens (chair), Lloyd Timberlake, Nathan Wakefield, Scott Krause, Jared Davis, Noel Yee, Mike Sullivan (future fest coordinator), Cody Fiereck (2014 festival director), Jim Maxwell.  Martin Frost joined at 5:39pm PT.

Absent: Kyle Johnson

3. Approval of Agenda
Motion:   Scott
Second by: Lloyd
Discussion:
Vote:  Passes Unanimously

4. Approval of Minutes:
March 23
Motion: Lloyd
Second: Scott
Discussion:
Vote: Passes Unanimously

4. Reports (Please keep verbal reports to 5 min or less except for future festival discussion)

2014 IJA Festival (Cody Fiereck)
Discussion:  Try to include updated information in upcoming newsletter.

2015 Festival Report (Veronique Provencer)
Discussion:  Going well.

Future Festival Planning (Mike Sullivan)

Discussion on El Paso for 2016. Motion to vote below.
Discussion: There is some concern about the heat during that time of year, but may not be too bad. Jim feels that it might be difficult initially to get people excited about El Paso, but with proper promotion, could be effective in gaining interest. Mike says that it is fairly easy to cross the border from Mexico if you are a tourist, only needing a passport and not a visa, making it easier for people to attend. Scott asks to verify that room rebates are sound, Mike booked under the assumption of 500 nights at the hotel with rebates paid. Nathan mentioned concerns about having a concern about the Plaza reserved, Mike mentions prevision contract, or pursuing a different theater option. Noel is feeling better about this venue than he was previously. El Paso is one of the safest cities in America, so that would be a good selling point.

YJA Report (Ellen Winters)
Discussion: Scott asked about the marketing of the buttons, it has been mentioned on eJuggle, but are not trying to over promote at this point due to not having a lot of material to make them at the moment. Noel suggests Lapel Pin Super Store as a good resource of large quantities of future botton needs.

Marketing (Kyle Johnson)
Discussion:

IRC (Erin Stephens)
Discussion: Scott brings up the idea of having computers at festivals to make registration easy for those without home computers, but it is likely not feasible at this point.

WJD (Erin Stephens)
Discussion:

Membership (Marilyn Sullivan)
Membership Brainstorm
Discussion: Jim is working on an Affiliates report and provides his thoughts on the steps towards an effective Affiliates Program. Noel, Lloyd, and Jim want to set up a time for discussion. Scott talks about how he said up an Amazon Smile program for the IJA.

Financial Report (Scott Krause):
Discussion:

Website Report (Mike Sullivan)
Discussion: We are waiting to hear back from a donor.

5. Motions for Consideration

A.  Motion to approve contract with Turbo 418 for the 2015 IJA Festival.

Motion: Noel
Second: Lloyd
Discussion:
Vote: Motion passes unanimously.

B. Motion to approve the contract with Cégep Limoilou as the gym and camping space for the 2015 IJA festival.

Motion: Scott
Second:  Noel
Discussion: Scott would like clarification on payment terms. Some of the contract wording is unusual due, likely due to translation.
Vote: Motion passes unanimously.

C. Motion to approve the El Paso, Texas festival proposal for the 2016 IJA Festival.

Motion: Scott.
Second: Lloyd.
Discussion: Noel feels that whomever is makes the contract, should immediately begin working with marketing.
Vote: Motion passes unanimously.

D. Motion to approve offering a special IJA membership rate of 249 Mexican pesos/ adults and 179 Mexican pesos/youth at the Periplo International Circus Festival in Guadalajara, Mexico.

Motion: Lloyd
Second: Jared
Discussion: Scott inquires about how the currency translation comes out, and suggests hitting price points to make them more appealing in Mexican currency. Motion was amended to be in pesos.
Vote: Motion passes unanimously.

6. Varia:

A. Bookkeeper position discussion.  (Lloyd Timberlake) We are waiting on setting up an appointment to move forward.

B. Festival Promo. Get the word out! Promote the festival on social media, etc.

C. International IJA Board Members. We had someone from Hungary call about wanting to potentially be a board member. Only real concern would be able to make it to board meetings with the time difference.

7. Set May Meetings

Planning meeting: May 4th
Board meeting: May 18th

8. Adjournment
Motion to adjourn: Noel
Discuss:
Voting: Motion passes unanimously.

Board Meeting – April 7, 2014

Planning Board Meeting April 7, 2013

6:00pm Pacific Time
Call In Information:
Toll-Free Dial-In Number: 1.800.977.8002
Participant Conference Code: 189209#

1. Call to Order

Chair, Erin Stephens, called the meeting to order at  6:05 pm PST.

2. Discussions

  • New Bookkeeper Update (Lloyd)
    • Will talk to others to gauge continuing interest.
    • Lloyd will find times to set up talks between candidates, Scott, and Erin.
    • Three good candidates, in addition to another who wanted to determine interest.
      • Can use Doodle Poll
    • Really important to get this off Holly’s plate, based on her original wishes.
    • Phone conversation with Holly.
      • Payment situation.
      • Transition availability.
    • Questions to include:
      • International experience.
    • Target: Interviews complete by next meeting.
  • Membership Brainstorm
    • Discussion on membership, situation, and plans to address.
    • Affiliates
      • No time to dedicate this year.  Our designated people have been unable to dedicate their time.
      • Jim Maxwell – affiliates officer.
      • To do – check back in with him.  (Lloyd)
        • Brochure promoting IJA membership.
        • Plan @ upcoming festival.
        • Straw man requests from affiliates .
        • Give and take information between IJA and affiliates.
        • Regional festival representation.
    • Latin-American Jugglers
      • IJA has lots of prestige there.
      • Certification from the IJA for teaching, funding, etc.
        • Association with IJA (Affiliates program)
        • YEP
    • Effort through Noel to get members through Flow community.
      • Flow tricks of the month.
        • Poi, Staff
      • Flow members coming to the IJA festival this year.
      • Flow show in Chicago.
      • Increasing cool factor
    • Fire community
      • 2 fire nights this year.
      • FIRE is a fire performance troupe.
      • Lots of overlap between Flow and
      • Cyrille Humen (fire “god”) is a special guest at the festival.
      • Hoopers, too .
    • YJA program
      • Button program about to be launched.  Achievement awards.
      • Fund raiser at the festival.
      • IJA membership encouragement.
    • Huge online community we’ve built.
      • Facebook, Youtube.
      • How to turn into membership?
      • Change in model?
      • Memberships are on the way out.  Its going on the way out in general.
      • Continuing the membership model or looking at other models.
      • Advertising on eJuggle
      • Cross-sell things on the store?
        • Mike sullivan & Jared – we should get rid of the store completely, because we don’t have the people to do so.
      • Monthly FB post.  If you like this, help support the IJA and become a member.
        • Exclusive stuff, as well as supporting the community.
        • In spanish.
      • Paypal is only way for people to join membership.
        • Some countries do not allow paypal for membership .
    • Schools & children’s outreach.
      • Want to talk to Jim about plans for affiliates.
      • YJA plans.
    • IJA awareness – merchandise donation to festivals.
      • Included fliers sent to each festival.
      • Can check into current distributor to see if that’s a possibility.
    • Members’ only content needs hype.
      • Sometimes things aren’t advertised enough.
      • Wes Peden’s hype was great.  Every members-only content should be hyped similarly.
    • Direct-mail campaign?
      • To juggling clubs, universities with juggling clubs, offering discounts on memberships if people join.
      • Join today and get a free gift.
        • Buttons, stickers, Iron-ons?
    • Festival Presence
      • Online registration only can be problematic.
      • Latin-american festivals can have issues.
    • Amazon Smile Program
      • Scott will look into setting up.
    • Membership drive last year on World Juggling Day.
      • 34 new members in one day.
      • One membership drive/year and one donation drive/year.
      • Donations could be in Nov/Dec.
    • Need to have people to do these.
      • Probably at next planning meeting for delegation.
      • Realistic/do-able/timely.
      • Send out list earlier so people can
      • Update people on this.
  • 2014 Festival Update
    • Renegade, site, school didn’t know they needed to set up registration for housing & food, as stated in the contract.
    • Plan to have an all-department meeting.
    • They’ll give us an answer in 6 more days.
    • Have performers approaching organizers to offer acts for show.
    • Championship entries are may 15th.
    • Promotional video is going to be released very soon.
      • Suggestions to add some poi stuff, to help with Flow community.
      • Cyrille promo tape.
  • 2015 Festival Update
    • Contracts to be approved at upcoming meeting.
    • Promotional plan created, to begin at this year’s festival.
      • Online landing page.
      • Stickers to hand out.
      • Grant of $10,000 to make 6 videos, one of them an IJA 2015 promo video.
    • Grant providers from CA will attend this year’s festival to see what it is like.
    • Banking situations between US and CA banking.
    • Taxes between the two countries.  (Will hopefully be informed by new book keeper).

3. Confirm April 27, 5:30pm PST for next board meeting.

4. Adjourn
Lloyd  made the motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:00  pm PST.
Discussion:
Vote:

Board Meeting – March 23, 2014

Business Board Meeting March 23, 2014
5:30pm Pacific Time
Call In Information:
Toll-Free Dial-In Number: 1.800.977.8002
Participant Conference Code: 189209#

Start the Recording

1. Call to Order
Chair, Erin Stephens, called the meeting to order at 5:38  PM  PST.

2. Roll
Present: Erin Stephens (chair), Lloyd Timberlake, Nathan Wakefield, Kyle Johnson
Cody Fiereck (2014 festival director), Martin Frost (communications director)

Absent: Scott, Noel, Jared, Mike

3. Approval of Agenda
Motion:   Lloyd
Second by: Kyle
Discussion:
Vote: Approved

4. Approval of Minutes:
February 2, 2014
Motion: Lloyd
Second: Nathan
Discussion:
Vote: Approved

February 16, 2014
Motion: Lloyd
Second: Kyle
Discussion:
Vote: Approved

4. Reports (Please keep verbal reports to 5 min or less)

2014 IJA Festival (Cody Fiereck) Good progress. Looking for new events and new people. Have a kendama open and footbag competition. Progress on busking competition, partnering with Farmers Market to have a parade to market. Putting rules on juggle-org site. Will also have material on busking. Medals are ordered. Award plaques are ordered. All trophies but busking set. Youth dorms organized. Working on ballroom issue to see where we do Renegade. Getting close to 200 registrations.

Discussion: Registrations tend to stop when Early Bird stops. Got 164 in Early Bird. Doing more promo and more flyer distribution. Need info on kendama contest to put on blogs. Have got info to footbag people.

2015 Festival Report (Lloyd Timberlake) Turbo got grant to do videos of festival. Turbo will check contract with IJA at end of March. Waiting on contract with Circus School. Got contract with theater. Need to promote at Purdue, elsewhere. Have a Quebec performer in Welcom Show.

Discussion:

Future Festival Planning (Mike Sullivan)

Discussion: Mike is pushing El Paso; others are pushing against. We need to chime in on forums. It is a long way from Texas juggling scenes. Facilities are good but it is a long drive from almost everywhere. People tend to go to festivals within a day’s drive. Attendance will be low. Other remote places like Sparks and Portland have strong scenes. Encourage him to continue to pursue Iowa? But it is tough to get to. We should ask clubs or organizations to host festivals.

YJA Report (Ellen Winters)
Botton Designs

Discussion:  First round of buttons are being made and leaders are excited about them Buttons look good. Costs about $3 a button, but swag excites. YJA got some donations for the button program. And kids can get prizes. Any kid who is IJA member can participate.

Marketing (Kyle Johnson) Sent out six different packages to different areas and organizations. Sending out flyers to Belgium.

Discussion: Send to juggling club in Chicago. Send to Bruce Bailey or Brian Bailey. Graphics also being done for next newsletter, hyping performers who are coming. Need to get people to register for championship.

IRC (Erin Stephens)

Discussion:

WJD (Erin Stephens)

Discussion: We should all get involved. Look on website. Got the video out.

Membership (Marilyn Sullivan) Down slightly. Been some member content on Facebook. But things being posted and not showing up. Kyle will get back to posting.

Discussion:

Financial Report (Scott Krause)

Discussion:  No report from Treasurer. Need to think about how to get new treasurer.

5. Motions for Consideration

A.  Motion to approve contract with Véronique Provencher as the 2015 IJA Festival Director.
Motion: Lloyd
Second: Kyle
Discussion: Standard, similar to Cody, but changed for Canada and has possibility of bonus.
Vote: Approved unanimously.

B. Motion to approve the contract with the Imperial Theater in Quebec, Canada for two shows during the 2015 IJA Festival.
Motion: Lloyd
Second: Kyle
Discussion: Original idea was four shows in this venue, but we are switching some to Circus School. So only two nights in this theater. Welcome show will be outside downtown.
Vote: Passed unanimously.

6. Varia:

A. Website discussion – Mike – were you able to respond to the questions from the donor about the website? Lloyd will follow up with Mike.

B. Bookkeeper position discussion.  (Lloyd Timberlake) Need to get conversation with candidate and Holly. Have two other good candidates.

C. Festival Promo. Get the word out!

Nathan: Pablo the video editor should start editing 2013 as soon as possible. We thought most performers used royalty free music but this was not the case. Need to approach performers and tell them we will send them out silent if they do not offer royalty free music. Can they offer commentary? That would be odd. Performers should provide their own royalty free music. Otherwise who does it?

Check the Forums! Subscribe to the Forums!! This gives us emails when new postings appear.

May 15 is deadline for new board members to come forward. We need to promote some more. Nathan re-running.

7. Set April Meetings
Discussion meeting: 6 April
Board meeting: 27 April

8. Adjournment
Motion to adjourn: Kyle
Discuss:
Voting: Approved

Board Meeting – February 16, 2014

Business Board Meeting February 16, 2014
5:30pm Pacific Time
Call In Information:
Toll-Free Dial-In Number: 1.800.977.8002
Participant Conference Code: 189209#

Start the Recording

1. Call to Order
Chair, Erin Stephens, called the meeting to order at 5:38  PM  PST.

2. Roll

Present: Scott Krause, Erin Stephens (chair), Lloyd Timberlake, Nathan Wakefield, Mike Sullivan (future festival), Cody Fiereck (2014 festival director), Kyle Johnson

Absent: Jared, Noel, Martin

3. Approval of Agenda

Motion:   Scott
Second by: Lloyd
Discussion: none
Vote: approved unanimously

4. Approval of Minutes:

January 5, 2014
Motion: Lloyd
Second: Scott
Discussion: none
Vote: approved unanimously

January 19, 2014

Motion: Lloyd
Second: Scott
Discussion: Nathan noted that he was 15-minutes a late but present.
Vote: approved unanimously

4. Reports (Please keep verbal reports to 5 min or less)

2014 IJA Festival (Cody Fiereck)

Discussion: Early Bird registration is open; things came together well. Feedback welcome. Much added to schedule. Stage will be open for whole festival. Main big gym remains juggling space and regular workshops. May not be able to use North Ballroom. We’ll probably be put into gym similar to Black and Gold gym. Not clear why we cannot use ballroom. First they were worried about props and then they said it had been reserved by others. They seem to be offered new dorm as youth dorm. Need to make sure all buildings we are using are as close as possible. We will all go to one dining hall.

2015 Festival Report (Lloyd Timberlake)
Director Contract
IJA/Turbo Letter of Agreement

Discussion: Draft letter of agreement with Veronique and draft letter of agreement  with Turbo. lloyd says he will send these drafts out in coming month.

– Is Veronique OK with the agreement in English? Yes.

Future Festival Planning (Mike Sullivan)

Discussion: El Paso sent a revised proposal for 2016. But otherwise things are same as last month’s report.

YJA Report (Ellen Winters)

Discussion:  Youth Jugglers’ Academy replaces YEP. Moving ahead with button creation. Ellen writing eJuggle article on this.

Marketing (Kyle Johnson)

Discussion: Marketing success with Facebook photo contest. There were close to 350 votes. Now working on marketing on Early Bird ticket sales. Will continue to support. Cody did an eJuggle piece. Thom Wall will start video contest in April. And we’ll need to market World Juggling Day.

Membership (Marilyn Sullivan)

Discussion: Numbers low this month. Will Early Bird bring them up? Question as to why they are now low. People who signed up earlier last year may have dropped off, and Early Bird may bring them back on.

Financial Report  with 9/30 Financial Information (Scott Krause)

Q4 Financials are not done.  I reached out to Holly to offer my help to expedite the process.

Discussion:   2013 not done, but Holly trying to finish. Starting form required by Deleware, with financials, plus how many hours per month board members spend. Scott will put this in forum. What about gift certificates being issued? Are they being accounted for? Are we using those to pay people for writing? eJuggle writers are being paid with store credits, apparently. Need to bring eJuggle into conversation. It will be hard to make paper trail people can understand in the future. But perhaps the store credit approach saves us money. It gives Scott leeway to negotiate with people. Scott Krause will talk to Scott about how to manage this. Need to find out where this stands after two years.

Spent $1100 over what we were meant to spnd on Fun Fund. Can come out of unspent funds. Holly worried that she does not have all the info she needs to finish financials.

5. Motions for Consideration

A.  Motion to approve amended video contract with Pablo Leon.

Motion: Nathan
Second: Lloyd
Discussion: Will we stick to contract this time? We will be more professional this time and Nathan will handle directly. Also, forfeiture will come from second half of payment.
Vote: approved unanimously

6. Varia:

A. Website discussion – Donor discussion.  Discuss and answer some questions presented by potential donor. Lloyd will send donor letter to Mike and he will draft response.

B. Bookkeeper position discussion.  (Lloyd Timberlake) Got about five reasonable applicants and need to decide how ro move forward. Scott could participate outside business hours + Erin and Lloyd.

C. IRC Mexico: there is offer to host third regional IJA. We would split prize money and medals. Erin will launch straw poll proposal. It is nice to pass on responsibility to local organizations.

7. Set March Meetings

March 2 (planning)
March 23 (board)

8. Adjournment

Motion to adjourn: Scott
Discuss: none
Voting: passed unanimously

 

Board Meeting – February 2, 2014

Agenda 2/2/2014

Planning Board Meeting February 2, 2013
5:30pm Pacific Time
Call In Information:
Toll-Free Dial-In Number: 1.800.977.8002
Participant Conference Code: 189209#

1. Call to Order at 5:35 PST
Chair, Erin Stephens, called the meeting to order at 5:35 pm PST.

2. Discussions

  • 2014 Festival updates – Erin

    • Ballroom- hosting for the Renegade show we can no longer use it for that purpose.   Venue is concerned about damage to the floor and the nature of the event.  Cody is looking into this.  Nathan- ask a worst case scenario can we get some kind of stage covering.

    • Youth Dorms- The jugheads contacted the rep and purdue and contacted them and the venue found out that youth were in attendance.  They have a strick policy of youth being in a separate wing.  We have not yet rented these dorm.  Two options- working on a hotel room in a nearby or somehow in the rooms.  Cody is looking into this and we will figure out alternatives.

    • Early Bird Ticket Sales – Feb. 15 – 28th – Spread the word!

    • Performers- coming along pretty well for performers. Opening show we are looking for performers in that region.  Maybe Scott knows someone in that region. Nathan will look into it.

  • 2015 Festival Updates – Lloyd

    • not much to report.  Vero and Lloyd has been in touch.  Sent her the same letter of agreement that was sent to Cody for 2014. Complicated is that because the finances need to be held in canada.  We need two contracts one with Turbo and one with Vero.   We need to have a legal agreement with Turbo because they are seeking grants on behalf of IJA.

  • 2012 Festival DVD Contract Concerns – Nathan

    • on oct 23 rd 2012 we entered into a contract with taylor glenn to produce the 2012 video release.  She would be paid 1,000 for her services, within a 90 day time frame barring any IJA interference.  Dave Pawson signed this.  In july 2013 the video was not complete.  In the contract it says that taylor is to be docked financially until the video is delivered.  Nathan got a hold of taylor in Jan of 2014 a little over a year from the deadline.  She has forfeited the entire fee.  Members think that we should lower her fee.   Nathan presented this to Taylor.  Taylor wrote back and was upset and indignant. She is upset with the IJA and most likely will not be a part of the IJA in the Future.

    • Discussion- She has done other free video work for the IJA.  She has done a lot of volunteer work for the video.  She also did the world juggling video late. $500 was offered to her for her work.   Did the IJA cause the delay that froze her time frame.  Erin will talk to her and see what she says.

  • 2013 Festival DVD – Nathan

    • Communicating with the video editor, whose name is Pablo.  Pablo likes the contract and is ready to proceed.  Nathan signed it and made a few small adjustments and sent it. Sent an inquiry to Jago to figure out how to transfer footage.   So it will need to be put on a drive.   Waiting on pablo for some more info on sending the media.

  • Scott Seltzer doing IJA promotion and eJuggle coverage at EJC – Erin

    • Scott said in the ezine.  He is interested in doing coverage at EJC for Ejuggle. Producing videos to cross promote for EJC and IJA.  Having a booth at EJC.   Scott talked to EJA and obtained a press package.  He is asking the IJA for the budget from the eJuggle budget.  Wanted 600 total. Lloyd, Noel, Erin and Nathan all agree its a great idea.

  • Bookkeeper discussion – Nathan

    • Review the Job Description Nathan has created.

    • Recruitment plan – ready to go. Ready to move forward ASAP.

    • Dates/Deadlines- looking to be ready by March 1st.  No taxes will be done by then.   Try to have someone for the position by March 15th. Holly is supportive of the process and possibly willing to help research the new candidate.  Applications in by the 1st of March.  Person in place for the position by first of April.

    • Discussion:  No one is lined up for the position. There is no free festival package or housing in new version. Lloyd can deal with the responses to the submissions and pass them onto the board.

  • FB Photo Contest – Kyle

    • It started on the 1st and now Kyle is busy with new job. Does not have as much time to promote.  Deadlines for submission is Feb 8th.  Marketing via facebook.  Voting is from the 9th-13th of feb.  The winner gets a free festival package.  Spread the word.

  • IRC Mexico and Peru – Erin

    • Periplo is planning on doing another IRC. Trying to change the flying to the states as prize to prize money.  IJA will pay 300 USD for the awards.

    • Peru would like to host one and wanted it in april but it is too soon.  Working on more for the future

3. Confirm February 16, 5:30pm PST for next board meeting.

4. Adjourn

Noel made the motion to adjourn the meeting at 6:28 pm PST.
Discussion:
Vote:  Motion Passes

Board Meeting – January 19, 2014

 

Business Board Meeting January 19, 2014
5:30pm Pacific Time
Call In Information:
Toll-Free Dial-In Number: 1.800.977.8002
Participant Conference Code: 189209#

 

Start the Recording

 

1. Call to Order
Chair, Erin Stephens, called the meeting to order at  535 PM  PST.

 

2. Roll

 

Present: Jared Davis, Kyle Johnson, Erin Stephens (chair), Noel Yee, Mike Sullivan (future festival), Cody Fiereck (2014 festival director), Martin Frost (communications), Nathan Wakefield,

 

Absent: Lloyd Timberlake, Scott Krause, Martin Frost.

 

3. Approval of Agenda

 

Motion:    Kyle Johnson
Second by: Noel Yee
Discussion: none
Vote: passes

 

4. Approval of Minutes:

December 8, 2013
Motion: Kyle Johnson
Second: Jared Davis
Discussion: none
Vote:  passes

December 22, 2013

 

Motion:  Kyle Johnson
Second: Jared Davis
Discussion:  none
Vote: passes

4. Reports (Please keep verbal reports to 5 min or less)

2014 IJA Festival (Cody Fiereck)

 

Discussion: Cody says things are going well and that he’s hoping to start ticket sales soon.  Flyers were recently printed.  Cody is in touch with some locals in the Purdue area.

Core team expense discussion: Mike says that we came from a few years where there were no comps.  Not even the festival director.  Mike doesn’t know that there’s a precedent for some group of people to get a comp when others are not comped.  Jared agrees with Mike.

 

Cody and Erin resolve to discuss this in a separate 2014 festival core team (?) meeting.

 

We’d love to have someone organize a parade (such as the local club) as well as the open stage(s).

2015 IJA Festival Quebec Report (Noel Yee)

 

Discussion: Noel visited the site during TurboFest (as mentioned in his report linked above).

Future Festival Planning (Mike Sullivan)

 

Discussion: Mike wrote a great report about future festival locations in the link above.  Among the sites listed: Lincoln, Nebraska, El Paso, Texas, among others for 2016 on.

YEP Report (Ellen Winters)

Discussion:  The YEP meeting will be next week.

Marketing (Kyle Johnson)

 

Discussion:  Yay, Kyle!

Membership (Marilyn Sullivan)

 

Discussion: Our numbers appear to be up a bit again.  With early bird festival ticket sales next month, we should see our numbers go up some more.

 

Financial Report (Scott Krause)

 

Discussion:

 

5. Motions for Consideration

A.  Motion to make the following changes to the IJA Pre-Election and Election Regulations:

In the “Mail-in Ballot” section, delete the first two paragraphs,

 

 which read:

 

   The mail-in ballot shall be sent to all members whose memberships are current as of the mailing label deadline for the May/June issue of JUGGLE magazine (approximately April 10 each year). This ballot shall be accompanied by candidates’ statements as described above. Note that receipt of a ballot does not automatically entitle a member to vote. See Voting Considerations, below.

The Chief Teller shall cause the mail-in ballot and accompanying candidates’ statements to be distributed with the May/June issue of JUGGLE Magazine. Should the publication of the magazine be unduly delayed, or the ballot not be included with the magazine for any reason whatever, the Chief Teller shall cause the ballot to be sent to all eligible members by first-class mail not later than June 1.

Replace the “Voting Number” section (currently two paragraphs) with this text:

The Chief Teller shall cause each IJA member to be assigned a unique, randomly generated decimal number of at least seven digits (“the voting number”), with the exception that family members who share an IJA membership may also share the same voting number.

 

The Chief Teller shall ensure that an email message is sent to the main email address, if any, associated with each membership, with such email message containing the membership’s voting number along with directions for mail-in voting.

Until the completion of the election, the mapping between voting numbers and memberships shall be made available only to the Chief Teller and those persons unavoidably involved in the numbers’ generation, distribution to members, and use in voting. Voting numbers shall be safeguarded to the maximum extent possible.

The Chief Teller shall put in place a mechanism allowing members to request their voting numbers. This mechanism shall be advertised with the mail-in ballots and on the nominations page. Any member eligible to vote shall be provided with a voting number after having satisfied the Chief Teller as to his or her identity. The Chief Teller shall maintain a record of all distributed voting numbers.

 

Motion: Jared Davis
Second: Kyle Johnson
Discussion: We are updating the voting process since we no longer have JUGGLE magazine.  Martin helped put this together.
Vote: Motion passes

 

B. Motion to approve the 2014 Operating Budget.
Motion: Jared Davis
Second: Noel Yee
Discussion:
Vote: Motion passes

 

C.  Motion to approve Championships rule changes for 2014.
Motion: Kyle Johnson
Second: Jared Davis
Discussion: Jack Kalvan and Viveca discussed changes.
Vote:  Motion passes

 

D.  Motion to approve 2013 DVD contract – to be signed by Pablo Leon Olea.
Motion: Jared Davis
Second: Kyle Johnson
Discussion: Nathan mentions working with Pablo.  Nathan suggests comping Pablo an IJA membership as a sign of goodwill and so that he can get a feel for our videos.
Vote: Motion passes

 

E. Motion to approve 2014 Award Nominees.
Motion:Jared Davis
Second:Kyle Johnson
Discussion: Erin suggests next year the awards nomination process have a deadline earlier in the year so that the award nominees can be invited to perform at the festival.

 

Vote: Motion passes

6. Varia:

 

A. Website discussion. We tentatively plan to discuss this at the meetings next month.

 

B. Deadline for Board Nominations is May 15th.  Create plan for promotion and there will be 4 openings this year.  Discussion regarding online voting.

 

C. Review updated IJA Logo suggestion from Jason Horst.

 

D. Discuss plan for Bookkeeper replacement.

7. Set February Meetings

 

Sunday,February 2nd at 530 PM PST
Sunday February 16th at 530 PM PST

8. Adjournment

 

Motion to adjourn: Kyle Johnson
Discuss: None
Voting: Motion passes at 6:59 PM PST

 

 

 

Board Meeting – January 5, 2014

Agenda 1/5/2013
Planning Board Meeting January 5, 2013
5:30pm Pacific Time
Call In Information:
Toll-Free Dial-In Number: 1.800.977.8002
Participant Conference Code: 189209#

1. Call to Order
Chair, Erin Stephens, called the meeting to order at   8:35  pm PST.

2. Discussions

  • 2013 Festival DVD

    • Updates from Nathan: Pablo is receptive, but no contract sent out yet. Need to button up music, get info from Kim. All seem to either be royalty-free or have permission to use. Need to get song titles and sources. Did we decide to leave silent if we did not have rights. Talked about dubbing over with royalty free, which has a lot of downsides. Silent may be best option, but will seem strange. 2012 master disks sent to Accutrac. We can then publicize. One mistake in X-juggling on-line. DVD is fine.Do we approach performers and ask what music they want to dub over. Give performers a deadline; if they miss, their bit is music-free. Nathan will move forward with Pablo, draft a contract for next board meeting. We want to keep documenting fests even if we move away from DVDs. We will also get more old video on-line.  Need to sort out credit cards, as Kim still has one. Scott will not be treasurer after 2014 fest.

  • Holly, our bookkeeper, is resigning.

    • Discussion regarding future plan.

      • Benefits of having bookkeeper.

      • Continue paying $10,000?

    • Recruitment plan.

    • Who wants to head up the search process?

    • Erin has written Holly to see if she will write Job Description and be willing to help with the training/transition process.

It has been good having her continuity. This is a role worth paying for. We have asked her to write job description, on-board new person. Can finish taxes this year, and do work until then. Let’s ask her if she can help find a replacement. Bookkeeper is important in backing up Treasurer. Scott has been looking and heard of a person who might be interested. Erin has some possibilities. All agree we need a paid bookkeeper. Scott thinks he might be able lead search but wants back-up on the evaluation. Erin and lloyd can help with vetting candidates. All on board will do an uncoordinated search over the next few weeks. We may want to put vacancy on IJA media. Need replacement by March.

  • Championships – Rule Changes

Most of us have read the suggested changes but have not compared to previous. Is this the first suggestion of a minimum time: five minutes. Also changes to 0-10 judging range; now 0-5. Also only do whole numbers. Changes categories, but mainly wording changes. A 10-point scale tends to lead to biases toward 8-9, due to school grades. A 0-5 actually might give more spread. Ought to choose categories and stick with them for a long time. Viveca’s suggestions were meant to give more clarity. Her suggestions also change multiplication levels. Need more clarity on things like “stage presence” and “entertainment value.” Are seven categories too many? Is entertainment value more important than technical juggling? It’s subjective! Should we get rid of the zero as there will be no zeros. At IRCs they were having trouble understanding our descriptions.  Do we add “risk” to “difficulty”? We will get suggestions into Erin to organize suggestions and get them to Viveca. Need to list the various competitions in one place, with lengths to more descriptions.

  • Communication

    • Forums are still not very active.  Would a Board Facebook page be better?

Look at Erin’s new material on BoardPlus and respond. E-mails seem to be better way of getting response. But Forums give us a public record, which emails do not.

3. Confirm Jan 19, 5:30pm PST for next board meeting.

4. Adjourn
Scott  made the motion to adjourn the meeting at  6:31 pm PST.
Discussion:
Vote:  Passes

Board Meeting – December 22, 2013

Business Board Meeting December 22, 2013
5:30pm Pacific Time
Call In Information:
Toll-Free Dial-In Number: 1.800.977.8002
Participant Conference Code: 189209#

Start the Recording

1. Call to Order
Chair, Erin Stephens, called the meeting to order at  5:35   PST.

2. Roll

Present: Jared Davis, Scott Krause, Erin Stephens (chair), Nathan Wakefield, Noel Yee, Mike Sullivan, Cody Fiereck, Martin Frost, Kyle Johnson, Lloyd Timberlake

Absent:

3. Approval of Agenda

Motion:    Kyle
Second by: Noel
Discussion: Mike says motion on video badly worded.
Vote: Passes unanimously.

4. Approval of Minutes:

November 10th Minutes
Motion: Lloyd
Second: Scott
Discussion:
Vote: Unanimous.

November 24th Minutes

Motion:  Lloyd
Second: Scott
Discussion:
Vote: Unanimous

4. Reports (Please keep verbal reports to 5 min or less)

2014 IJA Festival (Cody Fiereck) Things are going well. Two weeks for early bird. March 1- June 30 regular price. Focus on booking performers and marketing. Next month work with community of Lafayette. Registration website should have something up by next board meeting. Will look at social media.

Discussion: Noel would like to see Cody’s site visit list to prepare him for meeting with Vero. Made first Facebook announcement of performer.

Future Festival Planning (Mike Sullivan) Mike refers to his report: University of Nebraska has expressed interest through preliminary bid. Nebraska not open until first week of August. Jek Kelly will take a look.

Discussion: Des Moine seems to be too big for us – at present. Scott: are we thinking about fest director for future fests? Mike does not see it as a practical approach. Hard to match city and director when we might lose director. Yet this was the old way: local person organizing a fairly local festival. Noel: we are going abroad to Quebec, but are we being too Midwest focused and not looking more at the West? El Paso is close to Mexico. Noel is looking for an expanded web of festival sites. Mike has gone to a lot of site visits, but we cannot handle big cities. State capitals tend to be too expensive for us. Mike has asked for suggestions in writing and not getting them. Martin and Mike: West is big and empty and hard to get people to fest there. Erin: but West has successful fests. Northeast has lots of colleges and we should be able to find venue there. We use Unique Venues to find places; they get paid when they find a place.

YEP Report (Ellen Winters)

Discussion: Ellen got advice that she needed bigger network before interesting big funders. New name needs to have “Jugglers” in it. Also needs to be more exciting. “Academy” looks good for grant writing; does not frighten kids away. There is separate YEP website now that needs to be revamped. It’ll probably take more than a month. Exciting new buttons being rolled out. “Fast track certification” brings people already teaching juggling well into YEP certification. Interest has built up over past two months.

Marketing (Kyle Johnson) Kyle: flyer just about done front and back. Need to print and send.

Discussion:Membership drive almost over: 53 members, only two new. Martin update: 67 members during drive, 12 new. Not much recruitment by individuals. Got 25 new members in December 2012. There was the raffle last night. Another raffle on the 28th. Facebook page close to 7,500 Likes. We need to share the video. Can download video with folder. Noel: good job getting the word out; keep it up!

Membership (Marilyn Sullivan)

Discussion: Not seeing many new or renewals in these figures, so do not know how current the figures are.

Financial Report (Scott Krause)

Debit Cards for Erin and Cody – Just got the forms from Bank of America on Friday.  Will fill out Monday.

Q3 Financials – Need to be finalized with Kim.  Need to get final fest numbers in before Board can vote. Holly will do most of IRS form filling. Still some outstanding checks.

Discussion: What is limit on the debit cards? Whatever is in bank account. Scott will be third card holder. Trying to set Cody’s card to expire in August. Credit cards can benefit non-profits.

5. Motions for Consideration

A. Motion to pay up to $50 for digitization of the historical Club Swinging video, out of the Archive Fund.

Motion: Scott
Second: Noel
Discussion: Not clear what to do with video, maybe post as members only. Not clear if we can tag a private video.
Vote:Passed unanimously

B. Motion to approve change of eJuggle budget from $750/month to $500/month, and set a cap of $1,000 rollover of unused previous funds.
Motion: Kyle moved to amend motion to add rollover.
Second: Lloyd
Discussion: Scott: do we need to add something about backlog of money available to eJuggle?
Vote: passed unanimously

C. Motion to approve payment of $12/month out of the General Fund for a 6-month trial of a Constant Contact eNewsletter.
Motion: Lloyd
Second: Kyle
Discussion: There has been ongoing discussion between Martin, Tom, Don, Erin etc. Ide to move to Constant Contact format. Mail Chimp is suggested as email marketing tool. Noel uses Mail Chimp, but wants what works best for Martin. Martin is not familiar with Constant Contact or Mail Chimp. There seems to be no proposal. We need someone to take a lead on organizing newsletters. We need to benefit from Martin’s work in any transition. Martin is happy to be engaged but not in charge. Thom wanted a proposal from the board as to how he would be involved, not to make a proposal himself. We need a good system allowing people to opt out. Noel has experience with Mail Chimp through Fire Drums. MC provides a lot of data on use of emails, very sophisticated.  Need a proposal for who is doing what. We need to revisit question of which service to use.

Vote:  Motion failed.

6. Varia: Kyle asks about promoting posts on Facebook. No marketing budget for this now. Erin looking at marketing budget for next year.

7. Set January Meetings

January 5
January 19

8. Adjournment
Motion to adjourn: Kyle
Discuss:
Voting:Passed unanimous